Community-Based Learning Activities Tracker
FACULTY & STAFF: Are you doing community-based learning? Medaille needs to know! Please take a few minutes to fill out this brief survey with your information http://surveys.medaille.edu/communitytracker
The Center for Community-Based Learning provides a range of services and resources to help you as you develop your ideas, seek appropriate community connections, manage the logistics associated with your community-based learning endeavor, reflect with your students on their experiences, and assess at the project’s completion. Resources related to community-based learning course planning and pedagogy can be found here.
- Assistance identifying and connecting with community-based organizations.
- Adapting syllabi to effectively incorporate CBL.
- Providing sample critical reflection assignments and rubrics.
- Securing topical guest speakers from local nonprofits for in-class presentations.
- Facilitating CBL orientation and cultural sensitivity workshops for students.
- Assistance coordinating logistics of CBL projects prior to and throughout the semester.
- Gathering and storing CBL data for the school.
- Communicating opportunities for faculty development and scholarship.
- Highlighting faculty and student successes in communications.
To get started, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (716) 566-3083Posted by cbl_admin on March 20, 2012 at 7:16 pm